Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Static- Description Essay: With Friends Like These

          We were singing our alma mater song, Blue Knight Song, with fervor and enthusiasm, as it would be the last that we would all be singing it together. Finally, the last note was played and the graduates all cheered, for we had finally graduated from high school. Immediately, I ran, looking for my friends; for I wanted to spend this joyous occasion with them, having given me the happiest years of my life, from first year high school, until graduation day, and beyond.


          I finally saw them, and as I shook hands to congratulate them, I was both happy and sad at the same time. I was happy, because we got through all the challenges that high school gave us; and sad, because I knew that we would have to go our separate ways. Then we were told to go to the field, for it was a bigger space for taking pictures.


          The grass on the field was brown, for it lacked sufficient water supply and most of its moisture had been drained because of the heat of the sun. As I looked up, I saw the skies, cloudless and clear, and as blue as the oceans; it was a beautiful background to our picture. Since there were no clouds, nothing was protecting us from the blazing heat of the afternoon sun. Nonetheless, we, though absorbing the blistering heat of the sun, and wearing stuffy clothing underneath our already thick toga, were still able to crack happy and sincere smiles for the cameras. It was clear that us newly graduates were full of joy, excitement and enthusiasm on that day which we received our diplomas – symbols of our hard work and efforts for the four years of high school. And to show happiness and enthusiasm, we, though very and always impromptu, contorted our bodies and faces into silly poses and funny faces, respectively.


          Though high school did end on graduation day, our friendship remains strong and unwavering. My friends did give me the happiest, and the best, years of my life, and I hope they can continue to do so in the future.






Reflection:


          I found it hard writing this essay because I am not very creative with my descriptions. Although I did describe the scene, I wasn’t able to describe the emotion. I liked the essay that I wrote because I was able to write about my graduation day and my friends, an experience and people, respectively, in my life that made me happy. I could have made a better essay if I had described the event more creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment