Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reflective Essay 2: The ENGLCOM experience

            Before our ENGLCOM classes formally started, we were asked to make an essay similar to this one. In that essay, I was asked about my advantages and my skills in the English language. I believe that during ENGLCOM, these skills were practiced and are now improved. These skills include reading & comprehension, writing, among others. Before I had my ENGLCOM class, I could only make mediocre essays. But after having my ENGLCOM classes, I could already make essays with depth and a more complex vocabulary. I was able to improve in these areas, as well as in using the correct punctuation marks and making sentences with proper structure.  ENGLCOM has not only helped me to improve in my writing, but as well in my reading. I was able to develop my skills in getting the main ideas of acquired information, and using these main ideas in my essays.

            Overall, I was able to improve in the English language, particularly in reading and in writing. I had achieved what I hoped for and expected at the start of the term because of this course. I am grateful for this course, for it helped me to improve and to achieve my goals that I had set out for myself. Through tireless essay writing, I was able to carve out a better me; one that is better and more proficient in the English language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment